Québécoise global superstar Céline Dion posted a new video on her Instagram Friday morning speaking directly to fans hoping to see her on her European tour.
Choking back tears and dropping her head at several points throughout the three-minute video, Celine confirms that her ongoing health problems that caused previous postponements have now resulted in further delays and some cancellations.
"Well here we are again,” she begins. "I’m so sorry we have to change our tour plans for Europe one more time; first we had to move the shows because of the pandemic, now it’s my health issues causing us to postpone some shows and unfortunately we have to cancel some too.”
"The good news is that I am doing a little bit better but it’s going very slow and it’s very frustrating for me,” she continued. “I’m getting treatment from my doctors and taking medication but I’m still experiencing some spasms and it’s taking a lot longer for me to recover than I had hoped.”
In January, the “My Heart Will Go On” songstress revealed her decision to cancel the remainder of her North American tour due to her medical concerns. Writing on her official website, she revealed she was suffering from "severe and persistent muscle spasms."
This news came after she had already canceled and postponed a large chunk of the tour due to medical reasons.
She wrote on Instagram in October 2021, "I'm heartbroken by this. My team and I have been working on our new show for the past eight months, and to not be able to open this November saddens me beyond words."
She added, "Now, I have to focus on getting better ... I want to get through this as soon as I can."
Continuing in her IG video posted on Friday, she spoke about her need to be firing on all cylinders while on tour, but her spasms have hindered her health.
"I need to be in top shape when I’m on stage. I honestly can’t wait, but I’m just not there yet,” she said.
Growing emotional, she added, "I’m just telling you how I feel and I want you to know I’m sorry for this news. I know you’ve all waited so long for the concerts and I appreciate your loyalty.”
"By now I’m convinced that you should be so fed up with all of this and waiting for so long. But all I can say is that I’m doing my very best to get back to the level that I need to be so that I can give 100% at my shows because that’s what you deserve.”
She capped off the emotional video with, "Thank you so much for the message of love and support that you always send to my social media, it means a lot to me. I also want to say that like all of you I stand with the people of Ukraine and I hope and pray that this war ends soon, sending you all my love and prayers for peace. Hope to see you soon."
Céline's own sister, Claudette Dion, has previously spoken about the “It’s All Coming Back To Me Now” singer's ongoing health issues.
Speaking with TVA Nouvelles, a Quebec French-language news service, Claudette said back in October, “She shared with me that the stage had a steep incline when she was performing that would cause problems to her muscles, legs and feet. When it comes to her muscles, I know she had to do exercises and stay in shape everyday."
Claudette added, "She always gives 110%, and I'm confident she'll come back from this, and her body will get used to it. She has the mental strength for that, and her body will get used to those great demands."
Fans are showing support and love for the “I’m Alive” Canadian icon, writing both on Instagram and on Twitter that her health always comes first, and they still support her.